|Duration incl. arrival / departure days:||8 days (6 days on excursion)|
|Route:||Hamata – Fury Shoals – St. John’s – Fury Shoals – Hamata|
|Difficulty:||Suitable for trained beginners to professionals|
|Minimum number of logged dives:||10|
The excursion starts in the harbor of Hamata and takes you to the well known reefs of St. John, around 20 kilometers south of Zabargad. On account of how far out they are there are rarely dives conducted at these reefs which is why the offer a largely untouched underwater world, breathtaking steep walls and especially large fish.
The big advantage of this tour is in the fact that we start from Hamata. This makes the journey relatively short compared to the tours which start from Port Ghalib. Therefore, we can spend more time on the St. John’s reefs and dive on reefs that can not be approached by other boats for reasons of time.
- Arrival day (usually Thursday)
One of our employees picks you up from the airport and takes you to Hamata in a modern, air conditioned car or bus. Then you move into your cabin.
- First day
The boat departs the harbor of Hamata at around 9 AM. Following this, we do a check dive and one or two additional dives at various reefs of the Fury Shoals. We conduct a night time dive in Sataya. Afterwards, we head off to St. John’s overnight.
- Second to fourth day
Every day we conduct three dives and possibly one night dive. There is a large selection of reefs available for us to dive to.
- Fifth day
We conduct up to three dives. Afterwards, we head back to the Fury Shoals overnight.
- Sixth day
We conduct two dives at the reefs of the Fury Shoals in the morning. After lunch we then head back to port at Hamata. No later than 4 PM we are back in the harbor of Hamata.
- Departure day (usually Thursday)
One of our employees takes you to the airport in a modern, air conditioned car or bus.
Included services (no surcharge):
- Transfer to and from Marsa Alam airport
- Harbor fees
- National park fees
- 7 days on our boat in a double cabin
- Full room and board including tea / instant coffee / water / soft drinks
- Snacks for in between
- 12l aluminum-tank , lead
- 3-4 dives per day on board
Obligatory services (not included in the price):
- Visa and plane tickets
- Transfer to and from Hurghada airport (+50€ per person)
- Insurance, diving license
- Alcoholic drinks
- Diving insurance
Optional services (surcharge, as required):
- Plane ticket (on request based on the current price)
- Diving equipment (Diving computer, fins, …)
- Diving excursions in Egypt are dependent on the weather. Because of this our routes are subject to change. The decision about the actual route is made by the tour guide and the captain, who is responsible for the safety of the guests. Based on this, we reserve the right to make changes to the dives included on the route.
- Services offered are subject to prior sale, changes and mistakes.
- The general terms and conditions of Hamata Mongroves apply.
If you have questions concerning our diving excursions please use the “Inquiry” form to send us a non-binding booking inquiry.
Using the following form you can book a diving excursion: