Conducting a diving excursion is essentially dependent on the wishes of our guests, the weather and the level of training of the participants. Generally speaking, we adhere to a rough route planning but are able to adjust this on the fly should we encounter particularly good or bad conditions somewhere while out at sea.
Nevertheless, the typical course of a diving excursion with Hamata Mangroves has many similarities, which we outline below:
- A short flight to Marsa Alam or Hurghada.
- An employee of Hamata Mangroves picks you and your diving equipment up from the airport.
- Once in the harbor of Hamata you get to know us (Nadine and Yousef) in addition to the crew of the boat and move into the cabin you booked.
- In the early morning hours of the next day we then take off for our diving excursion.
- Following a check-dive we kick off the regular diving program with up to 4 dives per day.
- Before each dive there is an exact briefing.
- The dives start either from the dive platform at the stern of the boat or with a backwards roll from the Zodiak.
- The dives end either in the open water with the setting of a buoy or with the return to the ship.
- On the final day there are two dives in the morning before we return to the harbor.